Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-82 programmer at your service.

>Or maybe he's just going to do games - I gave a VALID suggestion, did
>not?  And you jumped on me like a rabid dog.  I do not appreciate

Suggestion?  I think not.  The way you said it, it sounded like BASIC is
good for nothing, and ASM is the greatest think that ever came upon this
Earth.  And we still DON'T know what exactly what he planned on doing.
You don't know if he planned to do games, I don't know if he planned to
do math stuff.  I "jumped" on you because of the way you talked in you
post, not because of the fact that it involved ASM.

>I personally do not think programming games on the calculator is
>stupid,
>frankly I think most math programs are stupid.  But do I yell and
>scream at
>every person who decides to post about a math program?  Nope, I
>respect
>that, unlike you, who jumped at the idea of using Assembly.

I never said that that programming games is stupid, what I think is
stupid is basing your calc buying decisions on what calc has the best
games.  A lot of programmers have tried to make the calc look like great
game machines, and they're not.  I think what the game programmers have
done with the calcs IS impressive, though.  I don't jump at ANYBODY who
decides to post about a game, and I did not jump at the idea of using
ASM, I jumped at the idea that you implied BASIC is worthless.

>Yes, most of the people bought their calculator for math stuff - but I
>bet
>at least 75% of this list is at least interested in game programming
>as a
>benifit.  Just because you lit a fire for light doesn't mean you can't
>enjoy the heat it is giving off.  Hell, my CALCULUS teacher even uses
>Z-Shell to play games while we're taking tests!

I use games too.  You are just blowing this way out of proportion.  I
replied to your oringinal post (which follows) asking how you KNEW that
he was going to do games, when he said programs?  In my book, "programs"
means both games and math stuff.  I never said that ASM sucks period, I
said that ASM sucks for math stuff.  I never said that ASM is worthless
period, I said it was useless for math stuff.  YOU are the one who blew
it way out of proportion, and began all this crap.

>At 10:03 PM 8/24/97 -0400, e e wrote:
>>On Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:02:34 -0500 82nd Deer <eviljim@WRITEME.COM>
>>writes:
>>>Basic programming is a waste of time for non-mathematical
>>>applications!
>>>Learn assembly and use that.
>>
>>Yes, and ASM sucks for math stuff.  So there.  What if he was
>thinking of
>>math-related programs?  There is a lot of math-related stuff I can
>use.

Eric E. Klos     bike17@juno.com   Mt. Clemens  MI
Interests-Motorcycles,snowmobiles,quads,go-karts,R/C's,slot cars,Trucks &
Jeeps
"I'm not God, but for purposes of this conversation, you may consider me
so."

Follow-Ups: References: