solving quadratics on TI92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

solving quadratics on TI92

Simple physics questions like when does the ball hit the ground, when does
the bathtub finish draining, often have parameters given as 3 sets of
coordinates.  Time 1, ball is y1 inches high, time 2 - y2 inches, time 3 -
y3 inches.  This traces a parabola, and you solve 3 quadratic equations
ax^2 + bx + c = y.
Simult on TI92 only accepts square matrices; & also won't accept values for
y, only takes form y=.....(p440 of text)
(I must be wrong in the last sentence, but where?)
>From what I see in the book, simult on 92 is only for linear equations (p99
of text.)
Where in the 'Guidebook' does it explain using simult on quadratic
equations, which can be done on the 85?
I feel like I am missing something fundamental here, but am tired of beating
my head against the wall.
Thanks in advance.
the history of the telescope, the microscope,
   and the prism binocular