Big Fargo Secrets.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Big Fargo Secrets.

Ok, everyone, here's the big secret:

Fargo works by sending a hacked backup image larger than the RAM size.
When the software reaches the end of RAM, it loops around and overwrites
the interrupt vectors, etc, at the beginning of RAM.

That's it. And the programmers of fargo *did* post this information when
fargo was announced.

OK, there's the big loophole. I hope everybody who's been complaining
about the programmers "keeping secrets" and whining about the delays
immediately starts working on their own shells. And I want them by next
week.

Now can we please end this silly thread?

-Isaac

<pre>
--
Isaac Salpeter