Re: Explain some things to me (begginer)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Explain some things to me (begginer)

cyberbro@ix.netcom.com muttered:

>Of course I'm a begginer because I don't know half as much as normal
>people do.  That manual is worthless if your trying to program.

Actually, I found the manual to be very informative when learning
about program in TI-Basic. Of course, it does assume a basic
familiarity with standard programming constructs. (i.e. FOR-NEXT,
IF-THEN-ELSE, etc.)

[chop]

>Here is the list: (to little to least understood)

>ZShell?
>Z80 machine code??
>Assembly Language???
>ASCII????

[Annoying P.S. chopped]

are/mean:

Z80 Machine Code: The Z80 is the Central Processing Unit of the TI-85
Calculator (as well as the other TI-8x series calcs.) Z80 Machine Code
is instructions in the "native" low-level form the processor
"understands."

Assembly Language: A low-level programming language which has short
codes (eg JMP) that represent the instructions of the CPU. A program
called an assembler converts this assembly to machine code.

ASCII: By definition ASCII is the American Standard Code For
Information Interchange, and is pronounced "ASK-EE." ASCII text is
simply straight plain old text with no formatting, such as when you
get a ".TXT" file.

ZShell: ZShell is a program for TI-85 Calcs. which allows the use of
machine language programs on the calculator.

Just one last tip. . .  Don't post the same message twice with
different subject lines.

Hope this helps,
Neil Padgett

Follow-Ups: References: