Re: ti-85 LCD problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-85 LCD problems

In article <58lq94$amb@news.wco.com>
wnc <wnc@wco.com> writes:

>I've written some calculus programs for the TI-85, and i just updated one
>and gave it to my teacher, he's had an 85 for a long time and has the  ROM
>v. 4.0. When i run my program, and goto a certain menu (in the program)
>the LCD freaks out at the top and the bottom (you can't see the top line
>or the bottom line, e.g. the whole menu is gone) , this causes me to ask
>several questions.
>
>Does this have something to do with the old ROM version? Is this hardware
>related? check this out, when i was just typing numbers, adn i shook the
>calc, the screen went all crappy, then back to normal again, so it would
>lead me to believe that this was a bad wire/connector in the calc, but,
>the weird thing is that whenever i goto that menu in the program the
>problem occurs, so i dunno, he never had this problem before this program.
>
>PS. While i was transferring this program to anotehr persons calc (ROM
>10.0), it transfered as basically one line, instead of
>
>:begin
>:jsdflkjdsf
>:JKLlkjfl;jsdlf
>
>it was
>:beignjskdfjlksjvklsdjflk;jvlksdnlv
>etc etc.
>
>Is this becuase of some weird characters i'm using (e.g. using zshell's
>popchar, etc, only for output)
>
>any ideas?
>wnc@wco.com
>--
>   =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>   = The wise man can pick up a grain of sand and  =
>   = envision a whole universe.  But the stupid    =
>   = man will just lay down on some seaweed and    =
>   = roll around until he's completely draped in   =
>   = it.  Then he'll stand up and go, "Hey, I'm    =
>   =                  Vine Man."                   =

If I were you, I would tell your teacher to get the calc fixed. The older calcu
lators sometimes have screen problems as they get older.  if it stays like that
 all the time even if you shut it off then it is the screen.  if you squeeze th
e back of the calc just below the screen with the contrast all the way up, it m
ight flicker in the light areas, But the only true fix is to repair or replace
the calc.
the P.S...I'm not familar with Zshell so i cant help you there but someone on t
he site should know the answer