Re: What the heck?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What the heck?

I tried to ignore it and just let the group deal with it, but I've changed
my mind.
1: I changed the title, as the point about youth reading was a valid one,
and it didn't help to have that in the subject.
2: Four hundred plus people have become the lucky, if unwilling
recipients, of porn-- on a calculator, no less.  I don't know if the
graphics were bad or not; I certainly didn't make any efforts to view it
or even decode it.  But the idea is significantly lacking.  We've already
stretched the usage of these calculators to include heaving gaming; any
movies at all are a nice advancement.  But to have the movie be
pornography is more disgraceful than anything else.  Is this what we have
to show to our teachers as our newest development?  To our parents as
something new we learned to do on the calculator?  I don't know about the
other four hundred people receiving this, but personally I'd prefer to
have something I could show people, teachers and parents included.
Something that isn't illegal (noting that a large portion of the people in
this group are -very- likely to be underage highschool students), or
dirty, or anything of the type.
3: Then again, people have different interests.  If someone wanted to take
the time to program a movie into his/her calculator, I admire his/her(for
the few females we have with us) abilities.  And I encourage the
development and usage of said abilities.  But I don't want it.  I don't
want it in my mailbox, and I'm probably not the only one.  I respect your
programming and wish to disperse copies of the program.  To be as fair as
possible, I request then that future such programs are put on the internet
somewhere.  Tell people where it is and what it is, even throw in a
counter so you know how many people are getting it!
But please, consider this (the above) when planning to post such.

Thanks.

Oh, and points for antirush (the*guy*without*a*real*address); I agree: The
especially with the point you're trying to get across.

Follow-Ups: References: