Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

- (JUSTIN SMITH) wrote:

>Here are a lot of my reasons why I like my Ti-92.

>Bottom line: For TOTAL useablilty, the Ti-92 easily creams the HP.If you
>want a powerful calculator that you can use fast, and easily, buy a Ti-92,
>well worth the 180$. :)

Here's one for all you 92 owners...I write software for a living, I'm
not a student so I don't care if you can't use it on a test. What I do
care about is computer science functionality (i.e. base conversions,
bit-wise manipulations, and logic functions). The software I write is
Civil Engineering oriented so graphing and trig/geometry functions are
also important.

I'd like to know what sort of comp. sci. functions the TI has and how
easy they are to use compared to the HP. I currently own a 48GX but
find it somewhat cumbersome dealing with base conversions (I use a 16C
emulator most of the time).

Drew

Drew Commins                      | "The difference between
Windswept Photo Services          | pornography and erotica
e-mail: windswept@mindspring.com  | is lighting."
http://www.mindspring.com/~commins|           Gloria Leonard