Re: TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83

>>I am considering purchasing a TI-83 and I was just wondering--is it
TOTALLY compatible with the TI-82? can they share programs and the like
(not including the assembly language ones that you can now make on the
TI-83)<<

When I bought my TI-83, compatibility with a TI-82 was important (Because
of what most other students use).  The outside of the box said "Works side
by side with TI-82" so I took the plunge and bought it.  BUT, after
getting home and reading the manual (and the box a little closer), I saw
that the TI-82 was completely compatible with the TI-83, but the TI-83
wasn't completely compatible with the TI-82.  In other words, you can
transfer anything from an 82 to an 83, but the only thing you can transfer
from an 83 to an 82 are lists (And only the first 6 lists).  Also, in
programs, the GetCalc can't be used with an 82.  If the software can
translate data coming in to be 83 compatible, why can't it translate data
going out to be 82 compatible?  Hmmmmm . . . . But I'm still happy with my
calculator, if just because it looks sleeker. ;)

-Jeff