A92: PreFargo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: PreFargo

Ok, I just played around with GNU cpp.  This would be the syntax we'd need to
use it for fargo:
cpp -nostdinc -I%fargo%\asm\include -P infile.asm outfile.asm
For those who are curious:
	-nostdinc means that the standard include directories (those used for C)
won't be checked for includes.
	-I%fargo%\asm\include means that your fargo include directory will be checked
for includes.
	-P means that the preprocessor won't output "#" lines that would confuse
a68k.

And you'd get the preprocessed output in outfile.asm.  Then you could use all
the standard C Preprocessor directives, like "#include <flib.h>".  I tested
this out and it produced output that seemed good to me, so I think it would
work fine, if people want to use this.  I believe David could even include
cpp.exe with the fargo distribution if this became the standard thing to use.