Re: A92: Sound on my TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Sound on my TI

Arno Kizina wrote:

> > Another question: I build myself an adaptor, with these standard
> plugs
> > you
> > can buy everywhere. In some text-file about sound on the TI-92, I
> read
> > that the mass-wire should be connected with the mass of the
> headphone
> > by a 45K Ohm resitor. Do anyone know why this is neccessary (45KOhm
> > or a cutted wire is the same, and works both fine)
> >

> It is for currency restriction . The law of Ohm tells us U=R*I, which
> tells us
> that, the lower the resistance the higher the currency.

I don't think so. The linkport has a voltage of some volt. this means,
if the resistance
becomes higher, and the voltage keeps the same, the amperage will
decrease.
Because of the formula P = U * I, the power will decrease, too, and so
there
would only be very few power, which can be transmited through the wire.
If the resistance is 45K Ohm (+ 32 Ohm of the earphones) and the voltage
is
about 1 Volt, the amperage will be around 0.022 mA, and the power will
be 1V * 0.022mA = 0.022W. Can there be any sound with only 0.022W?

What I also wrote was, that instead of a 45KOhm resistor, it worked also

fine, when I didn't connected the mass-wires.

Follow-Ups: References: