Re: A92: Sound on my TI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Sound on my TI

David Kühling schrieb:

> Grant Stockly wrote:
>
> > Yep.  Heard that before.  The power to make sound is very small out of
> > the
> > link port.  Hardly makes headphones loud (depends).  Get a battery to
> > boost
> > the voltage between the link and speaker.  Works fine for me.
>
> I tried some sound-programs, too. I used good, exepensive earphones,
> theywere really (too) loud.
> (Sound on my 256K TI-92 is unfortunately much too fast and have a too
> high
> freqency)
> Another question: I build myself an adaptor, with these standard plugs
> you
> can buy everywhere. In some text-file about sound on the TI-92, I read
> that the mass-wire should be connected with the mass of the headphone
> by a 45K Ohm resitor. Do anyone know why this is neccessary (45KOhm
> or a cutted wire is the same, and works both fine)

It is for currency restriction . The law of Ohm tells us U=R*I, which tells us
that, the lower the resistance the higher the currency.
Besides, has anybody on this site succeeded in including a (small) loudspeaker
in the ti, perhaps with a small switch to switch it off using connection to the
pc?			A.K.

Follow-Ups: References: