A92: Floating-point Support

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A92: Floating-point Support

Hello All,

I have looked over the different implimentations of floating-point in
hardware.  I don't see why we can't emulate floating-point numbers using a
word, a long, or even two longs (for best accuracy).

If anyone would like to help me create the support, please let me know.  I
intend to support addition, subtraction, (all floating-point is technically
signed) multiplication, division, modulus, and power.  Trig may be a
possibility.  If things go okay, perhaps the entire M68K-series
floating-point instruction set could be implimented.

Please let me know of any interest...

====
Aaron Hill (mozart@inlink.com)
IRC EF-NET: SeracOhw