Re: A92: Floating-point Support

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A92: Floating-point Support

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Aaron A. Hill wrote:

> I have looked over the different implimentations of floating-point in
> hardware.  I don't see why we can't emulate floating-point numbers using a
> word, a long, or even two longs (for best accuracy).

why don't you just use the IEEE 754 standard floating point
representation?  It's what's used for short floating points on PCs.  I'll
upload and explanation of how to use it if anyone's interested.

Jonathan Dickmann
-----
jdickman@rhf.bradley.edu		http://rhf.bradley.edu/~jdickman
-----
I used to think that life wouldn't be exciting if I didn't keep busy
but I've since decided that life would be SANE if I didn't keep busy
and there's NO way I could stand THAT.   -- Jonathan Dickmann