Re: LF: Links?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: Links?

> All this talk about these RS323 (whatever?) and paralell, etc. links is
> REALLY confusing me.  WHY doesn't someone look at what's inside a REAL
> Graphlink cable and simple re-create it?  With all these grandiose plans of
> upgrading RAM and ROM and CPU for the TI-92, could it REALLY be THAT hard to
> re-create what TI did?  That would clear up SOOO much confusion on the part
> of EVERYBODY and no one would have to worry about getting converters, etc...

Because, TI Master, to build a replica of the official TI graph-link
would require a lot of equipment that would bring the price up much
higher than the current homemade models cost to build.  It would also
complicate the building process.  Basically, since the TIs have no
flow control built in, the Graph Link controls the rate of flow
through hardware.  The other cables (I think; don't quote me on this)
do this through software and thus aren't able to use the official
graph link software.

Later,

      Josh Hays           |              jhays@teaser.fr
    Paris, France         |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
 American School of Paris |        http://www.teaser.fr/~jhays
      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid