Re: LF: ASM Question...Help please...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LF: ASM Question...Help please...

Highly unlikely.  It's too expensive to evaluate polynomials, especially
Taylor polynomials (sorry, Rob ;).  It's more likely that they use
something like Newton's method (Newton-Raphson iteration, etc.) with an
initial look up table to do it.

It's funny because I remember reading what little of list-zshell I could
stand and when a few people started programming that they were also
convinced that they needed trig functions.  If demo programmers for the
Intel and other platforms use tables to calculate trigonometric functions,
yet still have very tiny executables, one could infer that that method is
reasonable for the limited memory of the TI-92 also.  OTOH, sometimes it is
handy to use built in functions to seed a table.

-Kevin
khuber@mr.net