Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

AOL Shields you from everything sane! First they ween you off the internet
and into 'AOL only' proprietary content. Next you have to watch what you do
online because sending an email to a person can be considered TOSing. then
you have these jokers in the chat rooms using 'ub3r l33t h@><0r' tools
thinking their badasses.

AOL's security for the longest time was built right INTO aol! the staff
people we're using the exact same copy as you, but they had a custom list of
favorites to goto.

AOL prevents you from learning ANYTHING. They give you all this propoganda
on how you can learn 'anything' on the internet, and then they give you this
aol only crap.

Give me distinct examples on user friendly mods that give you proprietary
shit, use software thats years old, and has this amazing ability to make
your 56k modem seem like a 9600 baud.

long live DSL and 768k speeds. I heard that AOL was supposed to move into
broadband? have they moved up their *AMAZING* and *BRAND NEW* Cable Modems
that give users 28.8 bandwidth to aol servers?