Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Don't bash Microsoft (was A89: Sim City 68k)

Hmm... perhaps you missed the fact that I was talking
about MONOPOLIES.  Last I checked, AOL didn't even
have 1/3 share as an ISP.  How much did you pay for
your ability to use AIM or ICQ (or Netscape or Winamp
or gnutella for that matter)?

The examples you gave were of MS (very arguably)
legally attaining assets through very underhanded and
often damaging tactics.  This is the best side of MS.
They did follow SOME laws way back when they first
started.  They left that behind long ago.  I already gave
two examples.  The Java incident, and Microsoft's
extremely illegal attempt to hijack AIM.  They reverse-
engineered, used, and distributed AOL's intellectual
property (the real AIM protocol) in order to allow their
users to use resources on AIM's network without AOL's
knowledge or approval, while seeing MS-selected ads
instead of AOL's ISP service ads.