A89: Linux Dev Notes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Linux Dev Notes

Hey, It's the ol' Neema (not to ol' actually) telling you about all the
ideas I got about the Linux Shell and everything.

First off, let me thank you for the enormous response. I got alot of
personal e-mails to my e-mail address about everyones ideas for the TI Linux
project. I will be trying to integrate as much as possible into TI Linux. My
brother is visiting this thanksgiving vacation, and he is sort of a C guru
(yes, everything is being compiled in TI-GCC).

Here are some short-term goals, that will probably be achieved very soon:

- Working Move/Copy commands - ok, this is very basic, yet I can't get it to
work. If anyone is fairly good at TI-GCC, you can give me an e-mail.

- Send and Receive functions - Also had problems with it, but my brother
will probably help with all of that.

- Basic File Manipulation - This is a must for a good Linux Clone.

- AMS Command Line - Be able to do all your math without leaving the shell.

Long-term goals (far-fetched goals?):

- PERL - OH YES! I would love it. A mini-perl. I am a perl nut myself, and
if I can get this going, I'm sure fellow perl addicts will love it. For now,
my shitty laptop will have to sufice.

- XWindows - I don't know where to get started, but I do know there was an
XWindows project that got trashed, I'm interested to see where they left
off. My brother will probably help with this.

- Integrated LilC, or it's equivalent - I want a C compiler in the calc too,
and since it's already been done, an integration isn't as hard to realize
then mini-perl.

Other then that, give me an e-mail and I'll address it. I'm fairly good at
responding e-mails, and I'm even better at taking advice. Also, if you can
help with any of this, that would be great. Linux wasn't a one person
project, and TI Linux won't be either.

								[Neema Amini]

"A man on the street is pointing up to the sky. "Look, an Angel!" he yells.
A passerby laughs. "You fool, that's only a cloud". How wonderful it would
be to see angels where there are only clouds. How sad it would be to see
only clouds where there are angels."