Re: A89: output from gcc

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: output from gcc

>  > Thanks for the response.  However, I am running under win.  I was under the
>  > impression that tigcc is a speccially moddified version of gcc that will
>  > only run under windows.  Is there a version for linux?
>
> I haven't heard of that, no. I don't think that it would be hard to
> port it back though, all in all gcc is a unix tool :-)
> I don't actually know what are the differences between a normal m68k
> gcc and the tigcc ? Maybe it's only the target description files ?

"tigcc" is the linker and the do-it-all-program. The package actually contains
the EGCS stuff from that site that's mentioned in the docs.

What's more, since TI-GCC includes the source and is under the GPL, anyone can
and is free to make a Linux version of it as long as they follow the GPL
guidelines.

 / Niklas Brunlid
Check out Prosit for the TI-89 / TI-92+ at http://prosit.ticalc.org
Random PQF Quote follows:

A heap of discarded garments by the bed suggested that Verence had mastered
the art of hanging up clothes as practised by half the population of the
world, and that he had equally had difficulty with the complex topological
manoeuvres necessary to turn the socks the right way out.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)

Follow-Ups: References: