From: Jer2665@aol.com [mailto:Jer2665@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 8:17 PM
To: assembly-89@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: A89: New programmers ideas

well, i have started to try to learn to program 68k.  well im not doing
too
well here.  =)   and as i can tell from listening to everyone on the
list,  a
lot of people aren't.  and here is the thing.  i have read all of the 89
tutorials,  and all the newbie crap and all of the tutorials on 89
central
(those tutorials are too tough to follow, just incase dux is reading
this) and
i have noticed two really good programs of beginners.  hello world and
the
secret button program are great.  everything is explained so you can
understand stuff.  well,  this gets me far enough to write stuff on the
screen
and check to see if a key is pressed.  i feel that it would be worth
while to
newbies if good programmers with alot of time on their hands started
making
programs based on those two programs, meaning having the source code
document
every line completely and not with any tough things.  but we need people
start making graphics programs.  maybe first one that just displays all
sorts
of different sprites on the screen,  various sizes and all that.  then
someone
else makes a program simply of a sprite movie across the blank screen
with
your key presses.  follow that one up with masked sprites and all that
stuff
like moving in front of a background,  and saving and restoring the
background,  and another for tile maps, and another for grey scale.  and
when
we get them all simple zip them all up in one program and you can check
out
whatever you need help on.  well let me know what you think.  sorry this
is so
long.