A89: New programmers ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: New programmers ideas

well, i have started to try to learn to program 68k.  well im not doing too
well here.  =)   and as i can tell from listening to everyone on the list,  a
lot of people aren't.  and here is the thing.  i have read all of the 89
tutorials,  and all the newbie crap and all of the tutorials on 89 central
(those tutorials are too tough to follow, just incase dux is reading this) and
i have noticed two really good programs of beginners.  hello world and the
secret button program are great.  everything is explained so you can
understand stuff.  well,  this gets me far enough to write stuff on the screen
and check to see if a key is pressed.  i feel that it would be worth while to
newbies if good programmers with alot of time on their hands started making
programs based on those two programs, meaning having the source code document
every line completely and not with any tough things.  but we need people to
start making graphics programs.  maybe first one that just displays all sorts
of different sprites on the screen,  various sizes and all that.  then someone
else makes a program simply of a sprite movie across the blank screen with
your key presses.  follow that one up with masked sprites and all that stuff
like moving in front of a background,  and saving and restoring the
background,  and another for tile maps, and another for grey scale.  and when
we get them all simple zip them all up in one program and you can check out
whatever you need help on.  well let me know what you think.  sorry this is so
long.