A89: Fwd: TIB: 89 : Assembly Basic (ev. please read)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A89: Fwd: TIB: 89 : Assembly Basic (ev. please read)

> >waitkey() would work like getkey() except that it would wait until a
>  keypress
>  >to continue
>

>  It's easy enough to have a getkey loop, ain't it?

yeah, but it does take time for it to go through the loop, and it would save a
little power and be more responsive

>  >If possible, a way to ignore the ON button interruption of a Basic program
>  >while it is in a Try...EndTry black, and to only treat it as a regular
>  error
>  >to update the variable errornum. (lnstead of saying "Break")
>  >--TurboSoft
>
>  You know, this kind of thing could be dangerous.  If the user had no real
>  way to exit a basic program, he would need to reset the calc to get out of
>  the program.

Actually, this already happens on the calc (when you put Request  inside a
Dialog box inside a try...endtry loop).  But, even still if you press ON
enough times then it will cause a break (usually at the Else command).  So if
the ON interruption was turned off while INSIDE of a Try...EndTry loop then if
you really wanted to you could escape out of the loop.

-- BEGIN included message

In a message dated 2/15/99 4:08:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Philippe.Gervaise@epita.fr writes:

> Well, me and my brother (CandyMan and Endive) are thinking about
>  assembly tools for basic programmers.
>  What do you think about this ?

YESSSS!  please there need to be some assembly functions for Basic
programmers.  l can think of four right now:

getfolds()	would return a list format with all the folder names on the calc
(ex: {"main","games","school"})

getprgm() would return a list format of all the variables in the current
folder OR getprgm(main) would, for example, return a list format of all the
variables in whatever folder is given as the argument (ex:
{"doors","doorsos","hexlib","hufflib"})

waitkey() would work like getkey() except that it would wait until a keypress
to continue

busy(0) or busy(1) would turn on or off the busy indicator

supertxt(3,4,"Hello",1) would print black on white small text to the graph
screen at pixel coords 3,4 The number after "Hello",
1.	smalltext, black on white
2.	smalltext, white with black background
3.	regulartext, black on white (just like pxltext command)
4.	regulartext, white on black

If possible, a way to ignore the ON button interruption of a Basic program
while it is in a Try...EndTry black, and to only treat it as a regular error
to update the variable errornum. (lnstead of saying "Break")
--TurboSoft

Visit the NEW TURBOSOFT HOMEPAGE:  The most current Basic programs created by
TurboSoft for the 89, and many links.
<A HREF="http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/">http://turbosoft.ticalc.org/</A>

-- END included message