Re: A89: The power of basic!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A89: The power of basic!

No, that's not what supervisor mode does.  You may be confusing it with the
protected mode of Intel 386+ class processors, which protects memory and
other system resources that the current program shouldn't have access to.

Supervisor mode allows access to certain instructions that normally only an
operating system or debugger would use, such as CHK, MOVE USP, RESET, RTE,
STOP and the TRAP instructions.

At 02:06 PM 9/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
>simple bugs). The calculator shouldn't be able to freeze unless you use
assembly (or
>the Exec command) because of the proccessor's supervisor mode (allowing a
proccess
>to sort of make sure nothing goes wrong). It did take me a minute though
the

--
David Phillips
mailto:electrum@tfs.net