[A86] Re: Hey All, Some beginner Question :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[A86] Re: Hey All, Some beginner Question :)

Along with a hundred other things I need to do :)  Symbolic is cool, and
it's better than what's available for the 86 now, but I think a real CAS for
the 86 needs to be written from the start with the 86 in mind.  It also
needs pretty print.

I'd like an application that hooked into a key, so that you could hit a key
and see the last thing you entered as pretty print.  Coding something like
that isn't really so difficult.  The hard part is that there aren't a lot of
readily available resources for the algorithms, and I have enough trouble
with math as it is, without trying to come up with them myself.  Does anyone
know of a good reference for this sort of thing?  Or how about giving
explaining it a shot?  Maybe we could have a real useful discussion for
once.

> Weren't you going to try and port Symbolic at some point?
>
> > I still want someone to write a nice CAS for the 86, that's better than
the
> > 89's.  Someone needs to convince Kirk Meyer to finish and release his.
> > Along with Commander Keen and his chess program...

Follow-Ups: References: