Re: A86: Sorry...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sorry...

You should have just asked the author (me) in the first place...  What
happens is that the 85 strings are copied onto ram page 1, starting at
$8e57 for ZShell and $9000 for Usgard.  If the strings are very large
this will overwrite the system vars and anything in _asm_exec_ram, so
YAS saves everything back to the string's original position.  Also, all
the important routines needed for running 85 strings are copied to other
places in memory so they can still be accessed (ASE left them in
_asm_exec_ram).

-Aaron Curtis

Nathan Haines wrote:

> I hope that everyone will react faster and stop responding to these stupid
> threads.  :)  Oh well.
>
> Can someone tell me how YAS does its > 12k ZShell emulation?  None of the
> programmers are giving me straight answers.  :)  Thanks.
>
> --
> Nathan Haines <nhaines@ticalc.org>
>    Help Mail, FAQ, and Other Sites Manager
>    the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/