Re: A86: Sorry...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Sorry...

At 12:50 1999-02-11 -0500, you wrote:

>You should have just asked the author (me) in the first place...  What
>happens is that the 85 strings are copied onto ram page 1, starting at
>$8e57 for ZShell and $9000 for Usgard.  If the strings are very large
>this will overwrite the system vars and anything in _asm_exec_ram, so
>YAS saves everything back to the string's original position.  Also, all
>the important routines needed for running 85 strings are copied to other
>places in memory so they can still be accessed (ASE left them in
>_asm_exec_ram).

Hmm... isn't some of the systemvars used in interrupt handlers? Or
if an user interrupt has been installed, isn't the code to that overwritten?

Wouldn't it be possible to use $4000 -> $BFFF to store the asm program
instead?

//Jimmy Mårdell

E-mail: yarin@acc.umu.se
Homepage: http://www.acc.umu.se/~yarin/