A86: Re: Re: Assembly

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Re: Assembly

Sure, and then when you read other people's code or mention a call name, no
one has any idea what you're talking about!  Hey, you could do it for the
z80 language itself.  Just go through the tasm80.tab file and rename all of
the opcodes and registers to stuff that's more user friendly.  There was a
gameboy ide like that.  Featured "x86 style opcodes".  Of course, anyone who
knows z80 would have to relearn it, and when you wanted to do it the real
way, you'd have to relearn it all, but hey...

Sorry, but it's a bad idea.  There is a reason for having a "standard" way
of naming everything.  When you change stuff, people only get confused.  I
can't see how remembering _ClLCD can be so much easier than _clrLCD, but I
guess it can be.  Seriously, there aren't too many rom calls to remember.
If you forget, just hit F1 and look them up.  Same with the instructions.
And they're all nicely indexed by category and everything.  About 400 rom
calls are documented as well.  They tell you what registers to use and
everything.  Can't get much easier.  You are using Assembly Studio 86,
right?

Just my $0.02 about renaming everything...

P.S.  Asm does NOT relate to BASIC!