Re: Re: A86: asm to HEX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re: A86: asm to HEX

At 03:28 PM 9/12/98 EDT, you wrote:

>ok,
>
>I got Asm Studio 86.  I can write progs there right?  Then I got an asm2hex
>program.  when I build progs in the studio program I can open them up in the
>asm2hex prog.  right so far?
>
>After viewing it in the asm2hex prog, I hand-copy it to my calc.  right?
then
>when I get the hex on my calc I have to do what?  do I run asmcomp(  ?  if I
>do that then I cant edit the prog anymore right?

You run the program with the "Asm(progname" command.  You can run
"AsmComp(" if you want to save space, but you do not have to.  Oh yeah, you
need the AsmPrgm command on the first line of the program by itself.

>I also got TI86emu.  I can run progs there right?   and then check errors
>right?  does ti86emu only run the asmfile or can it run the hexfile also?

TI86emu can load the program directly from the file created by ASM Studio's
build command (the .86p file).  You will also need a rom image of course.

--
Andy Johnson <prjohnson@utahlinx.com>