Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: more on writing/running an asm prog.

I think you can make a dump of the ROM to use for your own personal
use, since when you bought the calc, you basically bought the use of the
ROM.

--
Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
   File Archives, News, Features, Newsletter, and HTML

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Andy Johnson wrote:

> At 08:08 PM 9/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >So, let me get this straight, we cannot do a rom dump onto our computer for
> >personal use?  All it is usually used for is to make sure that a program
> >does not crash our calc.  Is this illegal as well.. as long as it is not
> >used simultaniously?  Someone should write TI to find out about this little
> >question....
>
> Technically yes it is illegal, unless TI decides to let us.  However, it is
> extremely unlikely TI would bother to sue their customers, especially ASM
> programmers who create popular programs making their calculators sell
> better.  But it is still illegal.
> --
> Andy Johnson <prjohnson@utahlinx.com>

Follow-Ups: References: