Re: A86: calculation error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: calculation error

At 00:27 1998-10-31 -0600, you wrote:

>Speaking of symbolic, I remember that you were working on symbolic
>manipulation for the 86.  I would am very interested in this and would like
>to know how far you got, if at all.  A symbolic add-on for the calculator
>certainly seems possible, especially with all the OS hooks that TI left in.
>It even seems reasonable that it could be done transparently from the OS,
>not even a separate program, but this might be way too much work.

That was a long time ago... I also wanted to create such a program
in a highlevel language on the PC first; I thought that would make the
whole project easier. However, nothing ever really happened. I didn't
find much info about it on the web, and I wasn't that enthusiastic about
it. Using TI hooks - you want to integrate the symbolic stuff with
TI-OS?! That's most likely... very hard, if not impossible. I thought
of making a copy of the 89/92 home menu.

--
Real name:     Jimmy Mårdell
Email:         mailto:yarin@acc.umu.se

Icarus Productions homepage: http://icarus.ganymed.org/