Re: A86: disassembling the rom

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

rabidcow@juno.com wrote:

> >I have 1.2 and I'm specifically interested in the parser and stuff..
> >Ummm...  do you think it would be better if we all had the same
> >version or
> >different?
>
> i think it would be better if we had the same so all the addresses would
> be the same.  i have 1.2 and 1.3, but i was working with 1.2.

Yeah, that might be a good idea. It's not an insurmountable obstacle,
but... I'm using 1.2 also.

> to start with, my rom call listing may be of some use because i have the
> page 0 addresses from rom 1.2.  should i add the adresses on other pages?
>  if you have anything interesting i could add it to that list as well.
> (i'm always looking for new calls:)

I've got a list of a lot of page D addresses on my web site. It's a
little out of date right now, but I haven't discovered a whole lot of
new calls recently. It doesn't have any comments either. I've also
commented my ROM listing (you know, complete disassembly of the ROM).
Matt is going to put that on his site at some point. I don't think he's
gotten that far yet, so if anyone's interested in the listing, let me
know...

I could translate to get a ROM call listing for page 0 addresses for rom
1.2 (or 1.3, if someone wants to send me a rom image).

> this only gets the meaning of calls, not comments for them, though.  i'm
> not sure how we'd do that.  also i don't have terribly good descriptions.
>  (i sorta had ideas here)

:) Me too.

Hey, I just had an idea. How about this: send me your ROM call listing,
I'll combine it with what I've got, put it in a text file, and send it
to ticalc.org. Then anyone can update it, but you have to mail to the
list to let everyone know it's been updated. And we can put a name and
email address with each call, so you know who to ask for more
information. And if anyone doesn't want to do the work to update the
list, but has a personal list of calls or something, they can send it to
me. I wouldn't mind doing the work for a really up-to-date list of
calls. So what do you think?

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: