Re: A86: disassembling the rom

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: disassembling the rom

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 07:11:38 +0000 Joshua Grams <j3grams@earthling.net>
writes:

>rabidcow@juno.com wrote:
>>

>> to start with, my rom call listing may be of some use because i have
>the
>> page 0 addresses from rom 1.2.  should i add the adresses on other
>pages?
>>  if you have anything interesting i could add it to that list as
>well.
>> (i'm always looking for new calls:)
>>
>I've got a list of a lot of page D addresses on my web site. It's a
>little out of date right now, but I haven't discovered a whole lot of
>new calls recently. It doesn't have any comments either. I've also
>commented my ROM listing (you know, complete disassembly of the ROM).
>Matt is going to put that on his site at some point. I don't think
>he's
>gotten that far yet, so if anyone's interested in the listing, let me
>know...

i was thinking it would be useful to document calls on other pages.  that
would make disassembly much easier.
is having the rom listing up legal or whatever people was worried about?
could people comment bits of it?
how much have you gotten commented?

>Hey, I just had an idea. How about this: send me your ROM call
>listing,
>I'll combine it with what I've got, put it in a text file, and send it
>to ticalc.org. Then anyone can update it, but you have to mail to the
>list to let everyone know it's been updated. And we can put a name and
>email address with each call, so you know who to ask for more
>information. And if anyone doesn't want to do the work to update the
>list, but has a personal list of calls or something, they can send it
>me. I wouldn't mind doing the work for a really up-to-date list of
>calls. So what do you think?

hehe, well, i've seen your list and i added what i didn't have already.
i've got almost 550 calls, a slightly old version is at
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/4593/romcall.txt  or get
there from my page http://rabidcow.homepage.nu :)
i've got every call i know of listed with a really short description.
i'm happy maintaining it myself :), but it's hard to say who found what,
so i just put a general thanks at the top.  when you're looking for a
call, you tipically don't care who found it anyway.

i was gonna list the calls by function and add longer description and say
what ops and registers they change where necessary, but that'd take a
while.  oh, and i was gonna have include files to download (including all
calls that perform related functions) except i don't geocities will let
me have .inc files.

i was also starting to list the flags, but they're harder to figure out.
(that's on my page, too)

-josh

>--Joshua

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: