Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

At 08:42 AM 6/11/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>If some of the gurus in here get a chance, I'd love having it checked
>over for technical accuracy. Some of the info is basic... but hell,
>I started z80 programming two days ago.

Looks great! A couple of nitpicky little things (but then, I'm a
perfectionist). The VAT can never overflow pg. 7. In the variable routines
I've looked at, that causes a memory error. To get the variable size, don't
bother with _load_ram_ahl, just use _get_word_ahl ($521d) to get the size
in de. Also, if you want the variable size in bytes, there's a ROM routine
to do that. You know, because the size word at the start of the variable
isn't the size in bytes for a bunch of the variable types.

I call the routine _get_var_size. It's at $477f.
Input: a=type, bhl=var data ptr
Output: de=size (in bytes), ahl=var data ptr.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: