Re: A86: Rom Central - Database interactivity with rom calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bryan Rabeler wrote:

> Isn't it possible to make a ROM image using any of the link cables?
>
> --
> Bryan Rabeler <brabeler@ticalc.org>
>    File Archives
>    the ticalc.org project - http://www.ticalc.org/

I was successfully able to DL the ROM off my 86 using the parallel cable
and the 86Dump (parallel) program that is available.  I had to go to
real DOS to do it since Win95 was reading the port or interrupting the
program or something.  But, I must agree that most people would probably
want to get the real thing rather than the emulator.  I believe this
because the emulator is much slower than the real calculator and is more
difficult to use.  Also, you cannot take a notebook or laptop into most
high school classes, and this is probably the same for colleges.  The
emulator's only real use would be for developing ASM programs or finding
the ROM calls for different routines.

-Jeremy