Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

> Yeah, that could be bad.  On the other hand, we have a whole group of
> people here (on assembly-86) that could review library designs and give
> advice.  I wonder if that's realistic.
>
> I don't mind having single-function libraries (except that they really
> shouldn't be called libraries--maybe modules), but I do think we should
> keep them in invisible variables for two reasons:
>
>      1. they can't be overwritten
>      2. they dont clutter the {string|prog|pic...} list
>
> However, if there's a way to write-protect a string, I wouldn't mind
> using strings for convenience.

But how do we send invisible vars to the calc?  Special software would
have to be written for sending a special .86x format.

I think we need to take a vote, tell me what you think (single or
multifunction libs?)  Email me your vote to rudiger@stealthmail.com
I'll wait until I receive about 50 votes (there's no hurry) and post the
results.

> We also have to find out if there are any unused flags in IY-land.

Yeah, that would be the best method for program write backs (i think)

Bill

Free POP/SMTP email accounts! http://www.stealthmail.com

Follow-Ups: References: