Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, B. Nagel wrote:

> But how do we send invisible vars to the calc?  Special software would
> have to be written for sending a special .86x format.

Has anyone tried it with WinLink?  My DOS programs will do it
without any problem.

> > We also have to find out if there are any unused flags in IY-land.
>
> Yeah, that would be the best method for program write backs (i think)

In any case, the loader is going to have to have a small stub of itself
somewhere.  Putting the code in the stack would be hairy, but possible.

If we can't find an unused flag, do you think the best way to signal
write-back is by the value of the carry flag when the program exits?

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)