Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Flags/Libraries

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, B. Nagel wrote:

> Yeah, thats why I was thinking multiple function libs might be bad,
> because some people might end up writing libs with many routines before
> they think about it.

Yeah, that could be bad.  On the other hand, we have a whole group of
people here (on assembly-86) that could review library designs and give
advice.  I wonder if that's realistic.

I don't mind having single-function libraries (except that they really
shouldn't be called libraries--maybe modules), but I do think we should
keep them in invisible variables for two reasons:

     1. they can't be overwritten
     2. they dont clutter the {string|prog|pic...} list

However, if there's a way to write-protect a string, I wouldn't mind
using strings for convenience.

> Well, if libraries have one function I wont need any help, but with
> multiple
> functions I might need some help.
> Can you help with add-on functions to make A86( ?

Yeah, someone is going to have to do the modules.  For example, James Yopp
is working on some killer graphics routines.

We also have to find out if there are any unused flags in IY-land.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

Follow-Ups: References: