Re: A86: undeleting and a bunch of stuff on memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 04:02 PM 10/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>    I was messing around with jmv today and i found out that the TI-86
>deletes its memory just like a computer deletes a hard drive.  but the
>VAT for programs is a little confusing it seems to not stay in the same
>place.  In theory that means you could probably make an asm undelete
>program

Yeah, I have seen data from old stuff lying around. Even when the calc
crashes, the reset just seems to reset the VAT. There _are_ a couple of
weird things in the VAT. There's the Ans variable, which makes sense. But
there are also two programs called ! and #. One of them seems to be 7 bytes
long, and the other seems to be 0 (?) bytes long. I tried renaming one of
them to A. It worked fine while the jmv was running, but when I quit, it
hung the calc.

>Re to: Custom Menu
>
>    There is a correction that should be made about the custom menu.
>someone said that it is a pointer to the program but it seems to be just
>8 letters long that is supposed to be the name of a variable.  You can
>trick it by using the ti-basic LCust( command.

That sounds right.

>    One other thing i should mention is that i figured out what i did
>wrong with the RAM pages but not with the ROM pages but only in some
>places.  Changeing them seems to have no effect on what i am doing.  And
>where is the call table?

ROM stands for Read-Only Memory. In other words, you can't write to it.

--Joshua

Follow-Ups: References: