Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

i just have one question: will the q3data string be usable in quest III
ch2?  i beat the game when the gold bug was still there (if you had more
than 255 gold and saved it, it saved a byte instead of a word). will i
just have to add an extra byte to the end of the string to make it
playable in ch2? or was the save format never altered?

also, scroll 2 pixels at a time, instead of 1.  it's faster, and
sometimes scrolling gets annoying...  good thing the 85 display isn't
like the 82/3's otherwise the scrolling would be a blur, which made
Joltima a pain in the ass to play.

-Greg

EMAIL: l0rdg0at@juno.com; lordgoat@somethingorother.com;
l0rdg0at@hotmail.com; milewskg@stuy.edu
ICQ: 9437474     AOL IM: l0rdg0at42
WEB: http://lordgoat.dyn.ml.org/    *or*  http://tiroms.home.ml.org

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998 01:13:11 EDT CashOnly@aol.com writes:

>I have started The Quest III Chapter 2, and I wanted some input. If
>you have
>played the first chapter, and you want to see some changes, here is
>your
>chance. Email me with any feature you think should be removed,
>changed,
>tweaked, or just made more important. If you have an ideas on new
>features
>please send them in. If you have a cool idea let us know. We want to
>make this
>chapter even more better then the first.
>-----------
>The following routine (written by Erik) scrolls the screen 1 pixel to
>the
>left. I need it to scroll 1 pixel to the right, but haven't been able
>to get
>it to work. Will you guys take a look at it for me?
>
>Scroll:
>  ld b, 64
> ld hl, VIDEO_MEM
>rowLoop:
> push bc
> sla (hl)
> inc hl
> ld b, 15
>scrollBytes:
> sla (hl)
> jr nc, skip
> dec hl
> set 0, (hl)
> inc hl
>skip:
> inc hl
> djnz scrollBytes
> pop bc
> djnz rowLoopret
>
>Thanks,
>-------
>NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
>WEB   : http://MacrossSoftware.home.ml.org/
>EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
>ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]