Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: The Quest III + Conversion Help

> i just have one question: will the q3data string be usable in quest III
>  ch2?  i beat the game when the gold bug was still there (if you had more
>  than 255 gold and saved it, it saved a byte instead of a word). will i
>  just have to add an extra byte to the end of the string to make it
>  playable in ch2? or was the save format never altered?

The q3data external string file (the saved game) will be usued for Chapter 2.
You will be able to continue your games off the same file. The saving gold bug
was fixed in v1.1 of the game, but unfortunately you have to start over if you
want your gold to save correctly. I will probably have to reset your gold in
chapter 2. Either that or risk a crash :D

-------
NAME : Mikel Blanchard, of Macross Software
WEB   : http://MacrossSoftware.home.ml.org/
EMAIL : cashonly@aol.com
ICQ     : 3033904 (CashOnly)