Re: A85: IR link idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A85: IR link idea

Ok, since i think i am a senior member of this list (and a senior in
college!), i just want to say two things: in college, i don't tell
people i program calculators, but every girl who has found out has
thought it was pretty cool.  girls in college respect intelligence
much more.  second, as an older person, "skating" to me is
skateboarding (which is great - and girls *love* it!), not
roller-skating, inlining, blading, or whatever the kids call it
nowadays.  please be more specific so your elders will understand :) .
There are no more "cool groups" of people in college - and my
skateboarding friends all think it is cool that i program games.
Things all get better as you get a little older.

-mike pearce

On Sun, 12 Apr 1998 12:19:11 EDT, you wrote:

>>4.  maybe its because I skate and belong
>>one of the 'cool' groups.
>
>That's weird.  I thought I was the only person who knew a thing about
>calculator programming and also skated.  It seemed kind of ambivalent to
>me, how much most skaters and calculator programmers _I know_ (not just
>in general) differ.  I had to quit skating because school work took too
>much of my time.  I think the perfect world would be where every action
>you made had nothing to do with how people might think of you.  Of
>course, there's much more to a perfect world, but that wouldn't be a bad
>start. I guess I kind of went off on a tangent, but it's semi-related to
>this whole discussion.
>
>Justin Bosch
>justin-b@juno.com

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: