LZ: Usgard

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Usgard

At first I was really interested in Usgard, but when it was released I
was sorta disapointed.

First off, size postings were very misleading.  Sure the shell is only
4k, but then your interface, a bunch of libraries, and the whole shebang
didn't leave me with much space for programs.

As for the actual interface, very nice, except "Explorer" was quite
buggy.

Programming for Usgard, while I just "dabbled" is quite nice.  Relocation
is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  Libraries, though, don't save
as much memory as I thought they would (mostly because I still have
mostly ZShell games, plus not much space is left after the shell is put
on).  Some of the new CALLs look helpful and very promising.

So now my debate continues: develop for ZShell or for Usgard?  What does
everyone else think?  What shell are you personally going to stick with
and use?

Jim Reardon
jim.reardon@juno.com
Viva La Mexico
http://pages.prodigy.net/eviljim/
We all come into the world the same way - naked, screaming, covered in
blood.  But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have
to end there.