Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tony Lieuallen wrote:

> > To do this, put an illegal character as the first letter of the
> > variable's name. Anything that is not a standard letter (A-Z, a-z)
> > will
> > work. This can be done through an ASM program or by editing a backup
> > on
> > your computer with a hex editor. I like to use nulls. Write an ASM
> > file
> > with some nulls and some text that you can recognize in the mem
> > backup.
> > Compile it, string85 it, and transfer it to the calc. Now backup the
> > calc
> > to the computer. In the hex editor, exchange one of the nulls for the
> > first letter of the name you want to have hidden. Now save and send
> > the
> > backup back to the calc. Finally, you can delete the string variable
> > with
> > the nulls, it isn't needed anymore.
>
> Would you be able to do this to Z/C/O/Shell so that it won't appear in
> the delete menu?  I don't see any problems, because the name doesn't
> matter, and that won't move it in ram will it?  Like use memmess or
> something.  That would be really great.
>
> P.S.  Hey Mel, how's the expander software coming along?

if you are looking for a program that would just hide zshell try hide
zshell by me. it is available at
http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp/hidezshl.zip or at www.ticalc.org
(somewhere there). also if you are looking to hide another shell just
write to me what shell it is that you want to hide and i will make the
hide *shell for you
Peter Cordes
email: hivelord@ix.netcom.com

Follow-Ups: References: