Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

> To do this, put an illegal character as the first letter of the
> variable's name. Anything that is not a standard letter (A-Z, a-z)
> will
> work. This can be done through an ASM program or by editing a backup
> on
> your computer with a hex editor. I like to use nulls. Write an ASM
> file
> with some nulls and some text that you can recognize in the mem
> backup.
> Compile it, string85 it, and transfer it to the calc. Now backup the
> calc
> to the computer. In the hex editor, exchange one of the nulls for the
> first letter of the name you want to have hidden. Now save and send
> the
> backup back to the calc. Finally, you can delete the string variable
> with
> the nulls, it isn't needed anymore.

Would you be able to do this to Z/C/O/Shell so that it won't appear in
the delete menu?  I don't see any problems, because the name doesn't
matter, and that won't move it in ram will it?  Like use memmess or
something.  That would be really great.

P.S.  Hey Mel, how's the expander software coming along?

--
            ''~``
           ( o o )

Follow-Ups: References: