Re: LZ: Shells and More

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Shells and More

sorry, but your wrong. C-shell is just a meer copy and re-organization of
zshell. nice, but USGARD will be MUCH better. I've tested many vesions and
can't say anything about it. Let's just say it's completely new, fresh
shell that is PACKED with tons of stuff and not 19K. no 2 cents. I just
hope I havn't said too much.

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, John Koch wrote:

> Okay, I refuse to stay quite about this.  First of all, we had a great
> shell that worked fine and everthing was compatible. (Z-Shell), then one
> day this kid thought it would be great if he could make a shell that
> resembled Win95 (OS-85), but it was a piece of crap!  He slowly made it
> better, and now it is sorta worth having.  But Z-Shell by far was still
> better.  He made one game for it, no one else does, because no one else
> wants to.  Compatability problem!  Then we got a new shell (C-Shell), it
> was almost exactly like Z-Shell except it added a few features that
> Z-Shell lagged.  It was all that was needed!  The only reason either of
> these shells was made was because we were tired of waiting for Z-Shell
> 4.5, which will NEVER come!  But, C-Shell did a very good job, better
> than the Z-Shell team I think (personally), and OS-85, well didn't!
> Now, everyone says, hey, if he didn't, why can't I?  Well, nothing is
> stopping you, but like people have said, it willl turn out to be like
> UNIX!  We should just kill OS-85 and make one shell (C-Shell or Z-Shell,
> or a combination) and just add the few features.  We have utilities to
> add things we want, not shells.  I don't think we need expander software
> in the shell, thats what the expander software was for.  Also, we don't
> need interrupts.  Thats what GWIZ and ZDBug are for.  Yes, piggybacking
> interupts would be nice, but hell, e-mail the programmers of those
> program for it.  Not the shell maker.  Lets just drop all this I have a
> better shell crap and get back to actuall programming of games and
> utilites.  Thas what list-zshell is for!  This isn't list-multishells!
> Okay, I can see flames coming on this one, but I don't care!
>
> John
> HTP

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |