Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Hiding zshell programs

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Erik Van Huizing wrote:

> How do I hide a string so it doesn't show up in the listing of programs?
> (Like the CEngine program for caves and scrolls?)

In the VAT table, change the variable _TYPE_ from $0c (string variable)
to $0b, which is not used by the calculator, so won't show up in either
the RAM screen in TI-OS or the ZShell menu... If this causes the programs
which use the engine to not be able to access it, then just change the
first byte of the string (after the length word) to something besides
$00... Like $ff... ZShell won't see it, but you will be able to use it
with caves or scrolls and still delete it if you want...

~Michael

Cogito, ergo sum.  Sum, ergo edo.  Cogito, ergo doleo.  Cogito sumere
potum alterum.