Re: LZ: USGARD Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: USGARD Question

On Sun, 26 Jun 1994 03:08:03 +0100 Adam Geitgey
<csrawebtech@qualityservice.com> writes:
>> The smallest shell is about 300 byte. If you don't like it, write your
>> own one....blah blah blah

>Are you braindead? Why would I want to use 2.2k kernel + 50 bytes + a
>library??  I said SMALL!! That would be bigger then zshell, cshell, or
>oshell...  Small means 500-1000 bytes (IE smaller then OShell).  Just
>cause you can write and dang frontend you can't get around the 2.2k
>minimum,,, 2.2k is too much.

>Adam Geitgey
True the 2.2k if the minimum BUT...
   Zshell programs will be larger than a Usgard program so at the
absolute worst case you would only save that 1K difference and still have
to same number of Zshell games with Zshell or Usgard games with Usgard.
This libs are a way of making each program small because if you have 2
programs that use only lib than you have saved space equal to the size of
the lib.   Also most Usgard programs will use one lib at least other wise
they are still very close to being Zshell programs.  Also the relocation
saves some space so overall in a more realist program set you might have
Zshell and 5 games or Usgard, a shell, 5 libs, and 7 games.  Does
everyone understand this?

-GreenLazer@juno.com
-     (Formerly know as Chief28933@aol.com)
-          "I hate a Roman named Status Quo."  -Ray Bradbury
-               Thank you for your time that I have just wasted!