Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

USGARD is frighteningly similar to Windows 95, with all the code bloat as
well!

If you say "Usgard is actually quite small," then you are only partly right.
 Although the actual kernel may be small, the libraries just gobble up
memory.  Who wants to only have room for very few programs?  I don't care if
it uses "code saving" libraries that make the program only a few hundred
bytes smaller, when the necessary libraries take up a dozen kilobytes!

The menus are a pain to work through.  I really don't want to spend 5 minutes
muddling through menus only to select the wrong game by accident.  And how do
you add a program to a menu?  Using a seperate "add/remove programs" applet
(isn't this sounding more and more like Win95?) gets on my nerves when the
program doesn't even show up!  If you're going for a Windows 95 clone, then
at least make some sort of "plug and play" compatibility that automatically
detects new programs, asks where you want them to be placed, and saves you a
lot of time.  Make an automatic removal system as well, so that deleted
programs no longer show up on the menu.

One last thing...do the world a favor and get rid of the loud background
graphic and replace it with (insert fanfare) a plain, dull background!

-Brandon Turok
-windowswiz@aol.com
-http://members.aol.com/windowswiz/