Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 13:19:53 -0400 (EDT) WindowsWiz@aol.com writes:
>If you say "Usgard is actually quite small," then you are only partly
right.
> Although the actual kernel may be small, the libraries just gobble up
>memory.  Who wants to only have room for very few programs?  I don't
care if
>it uses "code saving" libraries that make the program only a few hundred
>bytes smaller, when the necessary libraries take up a dozen kilobytes!

The libraries are only needed if you have programs that need the
features.  And if the programs would be using the features, you'd be
using the space anyway, it'd just be in one file instead of two.

>The menus are a pain to work through.  I really don't want to spend 5
>minutes
>muddling through menus only to select the wrong game by accident.  And
>how do
>you add a program to a menu?  Using a seperate "add/remove programs"
>applet
>(isn't this sounding more and more like Win95?) gets on my nerves when
>the
>program doesn't even show up!  If you're going for a Windows 95 clone,
>then
>at least make some sort of "plug and play" compatibility that
>automatically
>detects new programs, asks where you want them to be placed, and saves
>you a
>lot of time.  Make an automatic removal system as well, so that
>deleted
>programs no longer show up on the menu.

Hey chuckes, if you don't like the menus, you can use a different shell.
Use CoolShell, it is great.

>One last thing...do the world a favor and get rid of the loud
>background
>graphic and replace it with (insert fanfare) a plain, dull background!

Funny, you could do that your own damn self, seeing as it's customizable.

Jim Reardon
jim.reardon@juno.com
Viva La Mexico
http://pages.prodigy.net/eviljim/
We all come into the world the same way - naked, screaming, covered in
blood.  But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have
to end there.