Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: my 2 frozen cents on USGARD

tisk tisk tisk. Soo many ignorant people on the internet, and now on this
list-serve. Thank god there are no idiots on the advanced list-serve (I
hope). Jeez. can't you people read anything before complaing about
everything you see!!! Everybody out there, and put me on the record, who
doesn't like Usgard, is well, I big dumb ass idiot!!! God!!! Usgard is 4
times faster, the libraries (and you only need like 2 on your calc) take
up hardly any space (zcp lib on 83 BYTES!!!). god!! you guys are sooo
dumb!! My old games for zshell were soooo much bigger, my new programs for
usgard save sooo much space you can have sooo much more!!!! You guys don't
understand. the big thing about usgard is speed and space. it's allowing
you to have MORE games on yuor calcs. and FASTER better games that would
never be possible on zshell/cshell/etc!!! Man, read the docs ok! that200k
zip file didn't contain just .85* files. it also included lengthy txt
files to answer your every question. why don't you actually try reading
what we gave you! Idiots! How the Hell your ever going to get through life
is beyond me. If I were you I'd start worrying! Along with the other
idiots who complain about usgard. just shut the hell up. you're pissing
the hell out of me and well, I don't feel like arguing with people of such
a inferior intelligence anymore.
	Will Stokes

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997 WindowsWiz@aol.com wrote:

> USGARD is frighteningly similar to Windows 95, with all the code bloat as
> well!
>
> If you say "Usgard is actually quite small," then you are only partly right.
>  Although the actual kernel may be small, the libraries just gobble up
> memory.  Who wants to only have room for very few programs?  I don't care if
> it uses "code saving" libraries that make the program only a few hundred
> bytes smaller, when the necessary libraries take up a dozen kilobytes!
>
> The menus are a pain to work through.  I really don't want to spend 5 minutes
> muddling through menus only to select the wrong game by accident.  And how do
> you add a program to a menu?  Using a seperate "add/remove programs" applet
> (isn't this sounding more and more like Win95?) gets on my nerves when the
> program doesn't even show up!  If you're going for a Windows 95 clone, then
> at least make some sort of "plug and play" compatibility that automatically
> detects new programs, asks where you want them to be placed, and saves you a
> lot of time.  Make an automatic removal system as well, so that deleted
> programs no longer show up on the menu.
>
> One last thing...do the world a favor and get rid of the loud background
> graphic and replace it with (insert fanfare) a plain, dull background!
>
> -Brandon Turok
> -windowswiz@aol.com
> -http://members.aol.com/windowswiz/

                             Biya,
                               Will Stokes
                                 8^)
          /                                                    /|
         /____________________________________________________/ |
        |                                                    |  |
        |                      Will Stokes                   |  |
        |                 wstokes@geocities.com              |  |
        |           wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu         |  |
        |                 My Personal Homepage               |  |
        |        http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/will.htm       |  |
        |             The TI-85 Calculator Center            |  |
        |   (the website I maintain and update very often)   |  |
        | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/7360/ |  |
        |                                                    | /

Follow-Ups: References: